This product is used for placing ceramic tiles, for flooring applications and for indoor coating solutions. Use it with small and medium size pieces ranging from medium to high porosities.
- Cement or mortar rendered structures.
- Brickworks or ceramic blocks.
- Hard natural stone.
- Siliceous/calcareous bricks
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Mix Supafix with approximately 4-4.5 litres of clean water per bag until achieving a creamy consistency.
- Leave the mix for 2 minutes before use, in order to have a proper chemical reaction.
- Apply over the substrate in small areas (2 m2 maximum) and brush with an 8 x 8 mm notched trowel in order to level the surface.
- Press the tiles against the substrate until the marks left by the notched trowel disappear
- Tap the tiles gently with a rubber hammer or mallet to ensure complete coverage and eliminate the void.
- Supafix is produced under a strict quality control.
- Lafarge Africa Plc. shall not assume responsibility for an inappropriate use of this product or for the consequences derived from a wrong preparation process.
- For further information, please contact our Customer Service.
- Substrates must be resistant, clean and free from particles that impair adhesion.
- Substrates must be flat. Do not apply over substrates with levelling deviations higher than 5 mm. For substrates with levelling deviations up to 5 mm, it’s possible to screed 5 mm to level the surface using the same material, at least, 1 day before the product application or use traditional dry mortars or levelling pastes.
- When applied with hot weather, wind or over absorbent substrates, it is necessary to moisten the substrate and wait until the water film disappears.
- Expansion joints must be respected. In the same way, please, leave, at least, 2 mm joints between tiles.
- Do not use outdoors or over gypsum substrates.
- Do not apply when temperature is above 30º.
- Do not use for ceramic tiles with a low absorption capacity.