WAPCO Operations is the South-West operations of Lafarge Africa Plc, driving excellence in Nigeria's building industry, with innovation at the heart of its priorities and working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
WAPCO Operations has three plants - one in Sagamu and two in Ewekoro both in Ogun State, South-West Nigeria with a current production capacity of 4.5 million metric tonnes. The Product portfolio includes five products: Elephant Cement, a general purpose cement - a multi-use product suitable for majority of the applications; Supaset Cement, a fast-setting and rapid strength gaining cement specifically designed for the needs of the block-makers; Powermax, a high strength cement for the sophisticated contractor segment; Etex, a high performance cement designed to the customer's specification for tile manufacturing; and SRC, a sulphate resistant cement for coastal construction.
The Company's has a major objective of increasing the availability of cement to Nigerians as well as assisting in achieving the Federal Government's drive for affordable housing for all. WAPCO Operations has made immense investments in supporting Nigeria's socio-economic development, since its establishment in 1960.
Over the years, it has acquired strategic visible presence in the business environment whilst building a visible and enduring legacy on the nation's individual landscape. WAPCO Operations continues to have tremendous positive impact on its numerous stakeholders.
FAQ 1 : Our Brands
A five- decade- old formidable brand of impeccable standard and quality. It backs solution provision with power, maturity, resilience, durability and reliability. Little wonder it has consistently won the NIS Certificate for product quality by the Nigerian Standard Organization for over two decades now. The Elephant brand has helped to build that edifice, brought that monumental project to life, created that serene atmosphere and positively impacted the lives of Nigerians socio-economically. Since its existence in 1960, Elephant Cement has made visible landmark in the areas of developmental projects which include:
- The National Assembly Complex, Abuja.
- The Federal Secretariat, Abuja .
- Shell Trustees Residential Estate in Abuja.
- The Stallion Estate, Abuja.
- Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos.
- Nigeria Police Force Headquarters, Lagos.
- MKO Abiola Gardens, Lagos.
- NITEL Building Lagos.
- Niger House, Lagos
- Airport Hotel, Lagos
- Cocoa House,Ibadan
- Premier Hotel, Ibadan.
Elephant Supaset Cement is another Portland cement specifically formulated to meet the requirements of the block making and precast segment of the Construction Industry. Its birth was borne out of profound customer research to satisfy the need for specialized cement for these segments of the industry. Elephant Supaset combines three key value propositions of Early Setting, Early Strength and the unique Latter Strength which is a distinguished quality of our flagship, Elephant Cement, that has been known over the years.
With Elephant Supaset Cement, Lafarge WAPCO remains the only cement company in Nigeria with two unique brands: Elephant Cement, a general purpose cement that has greatly contributed to the economic development of the country for the last 50 years and the new product, Supaset Cement, specifically formulated for Block making and Precast segment.
Powermax is a premium technical cement product suitable for large construction projects. It combines excellent strength performance at all ages with versatility and enhanced durability benefits. Powermax is available in both bulk and jumbo bags.
FAQ 2 : List of Awards
- Stockbroking Houses of Nigeria - Capital Market Institution of the Year (2013)
- Lafarge Group Annual Global Cement Awards - Best Risk Management Business Unit (2012)
- Nigeria Consultative Employers Association - NSITF-NECA Workplace Safety Award (2012)
- Annual Pearl Awards - Highest Dividend Growth Stock for the Year (2012)
- Nigeria Society of Engineers - Presidential MERIT Award of High Level of Corporate Social Responsibility (2012)
- Nigerian Institution of Structural Engineers - Award of Excellence (2012)
- Sagamu Development Association - Sagamu Distinguished Corporate Business Award (2012)
- Nigeria Union of Journalists - Best Media Supporting Corporate Organisation (2012)
- Commere and Industry Correspondents Association of Nigeria - Best Cement Company of the Year (2012)
- Federal Ministry of Trade / UNESCO - Recognition Award for Industrial Development in Nigeria (2012)
SERA 2013 Best Company Design for Sustainability Award
SERA 2013 Best Company in Community Involvement Award
- SERA 2013 Most Socially Responsible Company in Nigeria Award